Tell us more about your office's sustainability efforts and you could win this HP Compaq 8000f Elite Desktop.
The energy efficient HP Compaq 8000f Elite is the first Windows-based Desktop PC in the industry to be completely free of brominated flame retardants and Polyvinyl chloride -- and thanks to the good people at HP, we're giving one away for Earth Day.
The 40th anniversary of Earth Day is less than a week away and if there is one message that has become increasingly clear over the last 40 years, as the environmental movement has moved from the fringe the main stream of public consciousness, it is that most environmentalists now agree that getting business to operate more sustainably will be a critical part of solving any of the major environmental problems we face today.
So in that spirit, our little green blog network, LiveOAK Media, is partnering with HP to celebrate Earth Day in the work place by giving away one HP Compaq 8000f Elite and HP Compaq LA22f display (worth a combined value of $1,079) to a lucky winner who tells us a little more about how, why or what their office is doing/planing on doing/could be doing to 'go green.' Here's the nitty-gritty:
How to Enter to Win:
1. Become a fan of ecopolitology (or other LiveOAK Media sites including, Earth & Industry, greenUPGRADER) on Facebook; alternatively, you can subscribe to any of the above via Twitter or sign up for our newsletter (but you must become a new subscriber to something, even if you unsubscribe in a week, which we hope you won't do, of course;
2. Share this post with your friends and coworkers on Facebook or Twitter (You don't have to do this but they're gonna find out anyway so you might as well be the one to tell them. And just think, they'll be so happy you did).
4. Leave a comment for this post telling us which Facebook profile or feed you subscribed to, AND;
5. Answer one of the following questions in the same comment field (in 50 words or less):
- What is your office doing to reduce energy use, cut waste and make it a healthier environment for everyone who works there?
- What could your workplace be doing in that regard in 2010?
- Based on what you know about the HP Compaq 8000f Elite desktop and LA22f display, how could these machines help your office achieve its environmental goals in 2010?
Please, no duplicate entries and only one entry per person per website. One winner will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries on Thursday April 22, Earth Day.